At FHSU we have adopted the Pressbooks publishing platform to support faculty who wish to re-mix existing OER materials or create their own OER textbooks.
Why You Should Use Pressbooks
Pressbooks is used by small and medium-sized publishers, as well as individual authors.
The advantages of Pressbooks include:
- simple, familiar interface
- professionally-designed outputs, without complex software
- wide and growing selection of free themes, to suit many kinds of books
- unlimited ability to edit, update, and (re)export books
- ability to collaborate with others (for instance a publisher, editor and author can all have access to the book)
- daily backups
- and more!
Pressbooks is simple book production software. You can use Pressbooks to publish textbooks, scholarly monographs, syllabi, fiction and non-fiction books, white papers, and more in multiple formats including:
- MOBI (for Kindle ebooks)
- EPUB (for all other ebookstores)
- designed PDF (for print-on-demand and digital distribution)
Pressbooks is used by educational institutions around the world as well as authors and publishers.
For more information about Pressbooks, see here.